Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Running with Scissors

I am reading this memoir by Augusten Burroughs and although I am not finished, in fact I am only a third of the way through, I want to HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. It's been out for a while and I was aware of it - it was a NYTimes bestseller yadda yadda and there is currently a defamation lawsuit happening due to it. My friend recently loaned it after she gulped it down joyously so...

black humor, lots of pyschobabble, a tale of a child neglect, true-ish.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/031242227X/qid=1124897061/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9042426-3233622?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That book is insane FB. Glad you are reading it. I read his next book Dry. . .that was more of a gut kick than Running. Also, not as much humor to liven it up.

I saw him speak at the 92nd street Y. Very interesting writer.

fairy butler said...

my same friend that loaned me this book just ordered dry so i am sure to read it also.

Dry seems more wrenching already, just that particular subject matter.

Does he always write memoirs I wonder?

fairy butler said...

never mind, i see that he has written some non-memoirs too. i like.

Anonymous said...

I actually picked up a copy of Magical Thinking but I have yet to read it.

fairy butler said...

are you staying home today with the sicks?

Anonymous said...

yeah. . .but I am dialed in and working. grrr. I want to sleep for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Go to sleep little Krix, close your peepers and shut out the bothersome tasks.

Anonymous said...

thanks Cheryl-Lynn. That's good advice.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Backing up windows xp laptop hard drive new york liposuction Bdsm gallery sex mortgage brokers pop up blocker vegas hotels Fax number for anthem blue cross blue shield