Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Zagat's Review of Ned's

Ned's

A "diamond in the rough," Ned's is a total delight. As they say, nothing is off-limits and that's what makes this down-home bar so charming - a welcome touch of reality and homestyle fun in this helter-skelter, anemic city we call New York. From the minute we walked in the door we felt the dueling emotions of comfort and excitation. The sasparilla and noxema were flowing and creaming. My fairy butler was effortlessly himself, shedding his cloak and sharing his effervescence with the myriad dainty hussies lying about, some strapped to gunpowder barrels, stools or wagon wheels while others pranced in an acrobatic but lustful manner. The attachments were impressive - goat legs (de riguer, this day and age), feelers, webbed feet, talons, batwings - the scene was intense. Ah, finally a neighborhood bar where I can turn myself into a tiny owl and nibble seeds without feeling so ostracized. What a relief! Please tell a friend. Ned's is the total shit.

Ned's Grand Opening press release

5 comments:

Mountain Man said...

Thank you for the press. I will see you at Ned's later!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! I will give you more love when I see you in person. You will feel it press on your leg when I hug you. Please do not be afraid of this poking love.

Anonymous said...

what the friggin hellzbellz is wrong with blogs today? Nearly impossible to add my wirry retorts. This took forever and Artisticthoughts is totally bugged out for me. I NEED to let you know what I think about various important things.

krixfort said...

Ned's is my new local. I will be there 48x12. 24x7 doesn't cut it for Ned's.

Oh, but I can't do it until I get back from circumnavigating the globe.

Mountain Man said...

I am so sad to not be able to comment!!! This is the first one in hours. So distasteful. Murderous on my psychology. My psychology is dirt height, which is not good. The blog is so my line out to the universe.

Mountain Man said...

Hello and Happy Afternoon to you, FB. Thanks for the helpful hints in regards to fatty bad breath baddy. I am ready to deal. You are swell.