Friday, September 28, 2007

The Lowdown

I am tired. Are you tired too? Do you wake up with the sun for no reason like me?
I feel like I should do a week recap but eh, it's probably boring. I dunno. Mostly my recap would feature phrases such as:
"I'm tired" "I am working too much and never get to the shack" "did you move the car?" "hi baby peanut" "what's for dinner"

Seriously, the beige has a gigantic project in the works and I have agreed, a little begrudgingly, to be there way extra thru October. The keymaster of our department is leaving and I do not know who will replace. Me not so smartz to replace - no way. It's a little intense, but I do kind of like the work and I am learning stuff so I will put up with it. Crazy, right?

I sold some relics out of the blue. Uh, what else... I quit caffeine. A headache for about a week, not horrible, but surprising and i am also on a no-booze/little-booze routine. AND trying for less candy. It's getting easier. Not such a big deal - but still I cannot get to the contortion chamber enough. Beige. Beige. What did I do to myself?

I feel really distant from my relics in a way although today and this weekend I will spend some quality time I guess. It doesn't feel that tragic though. It is ok. Also weird.

Do not get the feeling that I am all zenned out. Not true. Still hyper and mentally spazzed. I am visiting an accupuncturist the Saturday for the first time ever to try and help with the calming and such. I want to feel like a puddle or a cupcake.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mornin fb, must be something in the air because I am saying those same phrases. I will send you a tiny massage-monkey to ride on your back and rub your shoulders while you work.

Congrats on selling the relics! Put some dineros aside and next time at beige you can say "no" to extra work. Shack time is important to the well-being of the fb.

Anonymous said...

hi fb. i was in bushwick this weekend. thought about you and all your stories as i walked around.

Anonymous said...

shoot. i just looked at brent's blog and saw that you and mm had an opening friday night. i wish i had known because i was in town and would have come.

toodster said...

Congrats on the purifications. The caffeine is a tough one to kick. My brain is melting because the munchkin won't let me sleep (jetlag). I guess I know how Arthur feels now. That is if his boss is a munchkin, which I'm sure he/she is.

Anonymous said...

hi Fb,
I am trying out the cleansing/feel better rituals too. 8 hrs of sleep, healthy eats, and the pain arena are helping me not to karate chop so many people on the street.

Maybe I will join you as a puddle, with little rainbow oil slicks and reflections of clouds.

fairy butler said...

let us unite and form a cloud, a cloud of wheatgrass vapor for all to partake of.

Martin! I am sorry i did not post on the show. I have been majorly slacking on many fronts related to internets and self.

fairy butler said...

it would have been nice to meet in the realz - although i was a big smiling jabberjaw all night. big dork so ? maybe at someone else's show is preferable i am thinking...

to anyone reading this see:
http://explosivoartshow.com

for the meta-majesty show

toodster said...

ah cool I liked the blurb:

"Otherworldly landscapes are used to exhibit macabre
images of death and destruction that are coupled with objects of life and vitality. The viewer is pulled through a
psychedelic portal down a warped road to the intricate puzzle of Mother-nature.
"

Blurby and nice! I hope you had a fun opening. isn't "smiling jaberjaw" a positive mood to be in? ;)