Sunday, January 28, 2007

Our Dark Heroes


image: Rachel Frank

FB has some stuffs in this + a special and unique performance the night of the opening where the FB will be mute and don jester regalia (spandex with diamond patterns) and attempt to perform grotesqueries to the unsuspecting. this art features swift hand movements and trickiness, darting eyes, and an occassional mournful wail. you don't want to miss!!!!!!!!!

Saturday night Feb 3 @ Secret Project Robot in W'burg - runs through the month with different peformances on saturday night.

Secret Project Robot is pleased to present Our Dark Heroes, curated by Tracy Candido. Our Dark Heroes presents contemporary art that references the mocking wit of the comic grotesque genre most popular in the first forty years of 20th century Germany. The genre first emerged onto Germany’s cultural scene at the end of the 1800’s through the work of Arnold Bocklin. His extraordinary and bizarre paintings manifested a coalescence of fantastic animal forms and human figures....

more info

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robot Chuck wants to attend so if I come I have to bring a date.

Anonymous said...

FB, will you really be cavorting about?

fairy butler said...

hi krix. you will have to come to the shindig to find out about my cavorting. a mystery it is.

Anonymous said...

Hey FB! I can't wait to see what magic you have in store for us on Friday!

fairy butler said...

peeds, it's saturday. don't go friday cause there will only be ghosts

Anonymous said...

D'oh! I got it now.

fairy butler said...

their is a consultant dude who sits behind me and talks on the phone all day long. my ipod crapped out so I get to hear all about this guy. his opinions on cocktail parties on tuesdays, his sicknesses, his whiny voice to his wife, etc etc etc. it's really out of control.

i am a cipher here somehow. i end up cowering in the corners. I don't know how this has happened exactly. poops mcgillicutty.

fairy butler said...

it is okay to be shy at first, right? I mean I talk a little bit to the others but wtf? I don't have a lot of interaction just with the work I am doing. So i am the bizzaro.

the dude is still talking. kill him.

Anonymous said...

You don't have to say a goddamn thing to a single one of these beige-dwelling douchebags.

The next time one of them tries to talk to you, immediately wince and grab your temples and yell "I feel like I have a million hornets buzzing around in my skull."

Anonymous said...

Dear Daiel,

What if you actually DO have a million hornets buzzing in your ears, and it STILL doesn't drown out the incessant whine of your office-mates?

Signed,
Buzzy


PS hi everybody!

Anonymous said...

poops mcgillicutty! i am moving on saturday and will have spaghetti legs by nighttime but otherwise i'd be there will bells on, fb. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Say this FB:


"I used to dismiss the voices in my head telling me to let the blood out of my neighbors as the devil's chatter, but ever since that hair in my soup started coroberating with the devil sounds in the voice of my 1st family pet from my youth, I'm starting to think that the red stuf that is in everyone should be let out. just a trickle at first, I don't want to get carried away."

Anonymous said...

just trickles at first. I agree. Then later. . .

sloth said...

FB, I am so ready for the grotesqueries...! I'll come with my stink-teeth.

fairy butler said...

i feel like a little grotesquerie right about now. no longer can I concentrate on what I should be doing here at the new beige. there is a lot of silence here. silent typing, silent working, blah blah blah. one half hour left. ready for the vodka tonic.