Friday, October 14, 2005

the wets attack

the shack ceiling finally went for it. violent disassemble - a whoosh of mucky muck leaving a gaping hole. luckily my magix protected me from the force of this event and only one relic was actually messed with. my neighbor helped me dislodge the 4 x 6 foot swathe and drag its sorry carcass into the hall. i am wondering when i will get my free month of rent. considering also - spending more money for more suitable shack. i have heard of one available close by that is bigger and maybe 150$ more a month. maybe spending a little more would make sense at this juncture. time will tell. i am happy to be able to have a shack visit on saturday and introduce strangers into the bizarro world. it makes me look so cool. not.

krix for pres!

9 comments:

fairy butler said...

seriously, though. i am wondering when i should #1 - ask for money off the rent due to the negligence and the bucket maintenance and general pain in the assness this has been. & #2 if i should just give up my cheap space. i have a feeling that the roof is not going to get repaired correctly. i am month to month though. so i will have to see. but i am getting sick of laying down plastic tarps and moving art all over into stacks here and there. its annoying.

ps. the march of the pillows has begun.

fairy butler said...

ok, this from the new york times:

"Yesterday, the United Nations General Assembly abandoned its chamber because of a leak overhead."

maybe this rain sit. is extreme.

Mountain Man said...

get new studio a.s.a.p.

art should not be in danger. if new space is available, take it! $150 a month more is not bad, esp. since you have a very low rent already. that's my advice. also, in the meantime, you can possibly write up an estimation of time spent and amount representing damage of artwork. deduct it from the rent yourself. this is b.s. think about it.

Anonymous said...

I am with MM on this. Don't just give up without getting some sort of break first. You shouldn't have to pay full rent.

I can't understand why NY can't handle the rain though. I don't mean now, after day 4, but on day 2, it took me an hour to get home due to flooding in the subway tunnels.

Mountain Man said...

i know it's weird...the rains are punishment for something. clearly.

please update on studio when you can fb.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the hassle. It is such pain. Good luck at the relic showing tonight! I am not sure if I will make it. I cannot put the mop down.

sloth said...

FB, how terrible about your ceiling. You are absolutely within your rights to withhold rent for this reason. Please come by Log for some hot tea & toasts.

Anonymous said...

FB! Sorry we missed the festivities. Our thing ran late and we were mucho far away. I hope it was fun!!!!!! I am sure your work looked awesome.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. weight loss treatments cellulite body shape