Tuesday, June 21, 2005

2 separate things


  1. I am reading Catch-22. Does this novel persist in being completely annoying and un-followable? I keep losing my place. I don't find it funny. I can't care to keep track of the characters. It reminds me of M*A*S*H - and my hate of Alan Alda runs deep deep down to the bone. I am on page 44. Should I continue with this? Is it more annoying than Pynchon's Vineland?

  2. There is an hour-long(?) interview with the bug-eyed runaway-bride airing I guess? (We saw an ad on the tv for it) Arthur remarked, "Why are they wasting their time with this? Who cares? Why don't they have a special on why George Bush is cunt?" No truer words, arthur, no truer words.

5 comments:

fairy butler said...

I ask about Catch-22 because I just finished reading a book I hated pretty much the whole way through and I can't do it again. This book was called "American Gods." I thought it would be a fun and more trashy/entertaining book to read but it was awful. Horrible. Lame.

fairy butler said...

My temperment might be unsuited to Catch-22. Sometimes wordplay bothers the fb. I want to read "hammer of the gods"

fairy butler said...

Yes, but is it just me? I am missing something, yes? I assume you have read Catch-22? I don't like to give up, but I may have to.

fairy butler said...

ah, maybe I could just spend 2 hours sometime and watch this. good call.

Anonymous said...

never made it through Catch 22. I think you have made it farther in the book than I ever did FB. Kudos.